If you are experiencing troubles during the installation process, this is an alternate way to install the Frame.io Adobe Extension for Premiere and After Effects. These are the same steps that are automatically executed by our installer applications. Please watch the 1-2 minute videos or follow the written instructions below.
1. Download the .zxp file and the appropriate .zip file
Please download the following files
(this is the actual extension package)
- (Mac only) https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.frame.io/ppro/update/ExManCmd_mac.zip
- (Windows only) https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.frame.io/ppro/update/ExManCmd_win.zip
2a. Installation on Mac (this is for both Premiere and After Effects)
NOTE: Watch the video above to simplify the installation process.
- Unzip the ExManCmd_mac.zip package that you've downloaded. This will unpack a "Contents" folder.
- Use Spotlight Search to open the Terminal or open it at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
- Open the Contents folder > MacOS folder and you will see ExManCmd. Drag this file into the Terminal App
- Next, type --install and drag the FrameioPanel_latest.zxp file behind it. The full command should look like this:
- /Users/<USERNAME>/Downloads/Contents/MacOS/ExManCmd --install /Users/<USERNAME>/Downloads/FrameioPanel_latest.zxp
- Press Enter. This will install the Frame.io Premiere extension. If you get some errors write us at email@example.com
Be sure you have a space before and after "--install"
2b. Installation on PC (this is for both Premiere and After Effects)
- Open the ExManCmd_win.zip Zip-Archive that you've downloaded previously.
- Open the command line prompt. Therefore click on the Windows Start button and search for "cmd". Open cmd.
- Type in the following (please change <username> to the actual User's name)
C:/<your-downloads-folder>/ExManCmd/ExManCmd.exe /install C:/<your-downloads-folder>/FrameioPanel_latest.zxp
See the video above for clarification. Notice there are spaces between the filenames and /install
- Press Enter. If the installation succeeded then no error will occur. (Re-)Launch Premiere Pro or After Effects.