Frame.io transcodes video into different resolutions for playback. Just upload a high-quality file, and we'll make sure it looks great and plays back great. The original file is always stored for download.
Some additional information about the video proxies that are generated:
- Resolutions: 2160p, 1080p, 720p, 540p, 360p
- Format: MP4
- Profile Level: closest is High 4.0
- Bitrate: HD is maxed 4Mbps, and SD is maxed 2.2Mbps
- Framerate: same as the source
- Interlaced videos: interlace videos are de-interlaced to playback on the web. The original interlaced video is available for download.
Q: What about formats of other asset types? How are they converted?
A: Image types are converted into JPEG, audio types will convert into MP4, and PDF and AI file types will convert to PNG.
Downloading the original file or proxy files